Just over a year ago I bought the Apple Watch Series 4 with cellular. It replaced my First Generation Apple Watch (aka Series 0) I’ve had since launching in 2015.
I know you can’t really compare the old with new but the change in performance was huge. The addition of cellular connectivity means I can make and receive calls and use data without my phone.
Here are some other features and how I use the watch daily:
- Listening to music, podcasts and audiobooks on the go
- Unlocking my Mac (honestly feels like magic)
- Tracking all workouts and steps (I do like to close my rings)
- Silent Alarm (no sound). The watch will vibrate (give haptic feedback). While I wake up without the alarm (#routines) it’s super handy if you don’t want to wake your spouse when catching that early morning flight.
- On few occasions I will use the flashlight. Again, helpful when you don’t want to blinded by the lights during the night.
- Changing tracks and controlling the volume on any device that’s currently playing
- Capturing ideas using Drafts
I really like this device separation. Not having to pick up the phone first thing in the morning, resisting the temptations of plethora of apps waiting for my attention.
I can go for a run while listening to a podcast or Audible (paired with my AirPods), pick up bread from a local bakery (paid with Pay) on the way back and every time it feels I’m a man from the future 💥